I have moved house.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Ok everyone, if only we can somehow find a way of stopping time right now, we'll have trapped Australia in the future forever. 1 year ago
- Again this year I told them I wouldn't accept a new year honour unless it was for saving a very gallant horse from a life of drudgery. 1 year ago
- RT @Duncan_Gates: Brilliantly eerie piece on Nazis settling in Ireland - the end is quietly shocking: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northe… 1 year ago
- Shout out to those renegades compiling their 'most overrated of 2014' lists. Can't wait to find out what we were wrong to enjoy this year. 1 year ago
- Meanwhile, this guy has just been named Breton of the Year for a controversial seventeenth successive year. jg57.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/ts_cli… 1 year ago