A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- TOP WEATHER REPORTING. RT @MugridgeMagic: @andytfield I'm in Nunhead and I've had to put quite a big cardigan on. 9 hours ago
- Reassuring. RT @Duncan_Gates: @andytfield I work near Aldgate and can confirm yes it's quite cold. 14 hours ago
- LONDON. Is it really cold where you are? Because my room is harrowingly cold and I'd just like to be able to rule out demonic possession. 14 hours ago
- RT @Independent: Since Reeva Steenkamp's death, 243 women have been killed by male violence in the UK alone ind.pn/1t4IudR http://t… 19 hours ago
- America: You just don't put any effort into Halloween Britain: *Stares at ruined castles, broken teeth, slate grey sky* America: Oh, ok. 2 days ago