A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Great literature. @ct_bailey http://t.co/0vAKbukUgU 2 days ago
- Besuited young man on the tube wearing dark sunglasses and reading a book called Why Does The World Exist - for you sir, it exists for you. 2 days ago
- People will float around in space buying popular novels, listening to the Seoul Philharmonia and dreaming of land without tannoys. 4 days ago
- When the world finally becomes uninhabitable the massive spaceships we'll use to escape will be exactly like major international airports. 4 days ago
- Sat in the departure lounge at Incheon Airport listening to the Seoul Philharmonic playing the song from the Stella Artois advert. 4 days ago