A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- There should be a word for the particular kind of happiness you experience when a stranger's dog likes you the best. 13 hours ago
- This Halloween I'm going as your last unblemished memory of the 1990s wrapped in bacon and sold back to you by a man with scars on his face. 13 hours ago
- You'd be surprised how easy it is to imagine your hotel room is a fake hotel room built in an empty warehouse as part of an elaborate scam. 13 hours ago
- *Hemmingway pacing in his study* The old man and the lamp The old man and the desk The old man and my hands *Looks out the window. Stops.* 2 days ago
- What they don't tell you about Captain training is it's one week of flying lessons and five years of elocution lessons. 2 days ago