A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- If only Cameron looked less like a luncheon meat Fireman Sam and more like the vicious, monied toff he actually is. 12 hours ago
- I very much loved @gatetheatre's Edge Of Our Bodies last night. It felt like watching broken glass sprinkled on an expensive lawn. 1 day ago
- Can't stop quietly mumbling Steeleye Span. Please send help. 1 day ago
- Super technical question - does anyone know if a DC Bayonet light bulb will work in a standard European Bayonet socket? 2 days ago
- There should be a rule about playing Sting through a public PA system. Or at least a trigger warning or something. 3 days ago