A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- RT @ForestFringe: Hello Team. We've just added ticket booking for @gregwohead's Hurtling and @revbillytalen's Honeybeelujah! Excitment. htt… 21 minutes ago
- What am I doing with my life. “@astro_reid: The southern #Aurora came out and flew with us for a bit. http://t.co/kKVrSLPZQf” 6 days ago
- Apparently Michael Gove is leaving the cabinet to devote more time to his other job as Microsoft's talking paperclip. http://t.co/rox6jk0c82 1 week ago
- Brilliant job for someone RT @artsadm: We're looking for a Head of Marketing & Development. artsadmin.co.uk/jobs 1 week ago
- If I only I could wake up every day to the news that Michael Gove had been demoted. 1 week ago