A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Unbroken Loves. http://t.co/d1jrHjaqm1 18 hours ago
- Broken Loves. http://t.co/v1SjlEffWp 18 hours ago
- RT @Dorianlynskey: Wrote something for the Guardian about Mandela and music gu.com/p/3ggtc/tw 22 hours ago
- RT @ForestFringe: For Christmas we strongly recommend you get yourself the brilliant Programme Notes from @thisisliveart. We are in it! htt… 1 day ago
- Note to self: twitter is no sort of place for notes to self. 1 day ago