A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Fame at last. RT @EastToEdinburgh: @andytfield gets a name check in Show Off by @figsinwigs.. 17 hours ago
- If you're in Edinburgh here's some recommendations from me, @irabrand and @shysecretagent of stuff to see. forestfringe.co.uk/2014/07/advent… 21 hours ago
- In the name of art we made a brilliant mess this afternoon. Felt like the seeds of something very interesting. http://t.co/L5dundYCsy 1 day ago
- RT @KateWyver: Thanks @andytfield @mamoru_iriguchi for bizarre & fascinating experiment. Still picking gold stars out of my hair! http://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @elly_clarke: Detritus of an audience left to play, following @AndytField 's performance @ThePlaceLondon #whatwouldyoudo http://t.co/Ori… 1 day ago