A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- HOLA. I have two (yes TWO) tickets for Nature Theatre of Oklahoma's all day marathon on Saturday that I can't use. Anyone want to buy them? 17 hours ago
- Can't believe Lord Tebbit just gave away the ending of the next series of Dr Who. guardian.co.uk/society/2013/m… 23 hours ago
- If you go to @battersea_arts in the next few weeks, you'll get a chance to perform a speech made by a group of brilliant eight year olds. 23 hours ago
- RT @Llifo: 'IF YOU ASK ME' @battersea_arts - explore installations on activism & speaking up made by yr4/5 school children #Hope http://t.c… 23 hours ago
- RT @LAReviewofBooks: "Filtered through the lens of indie savvy, Souleyman became a lo-fi, electronic musician of 'cassette kiosk infamy.'” … 1 day ago