A collection of things I’ve been working on recently and are probably still working on in some form. Check the drop down menu for details.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- When did back to front baseball caps become a thing again? And should someone let Vanilla Ice know? He’ll be chuffed. 6 hours ago
- Back in London and going to sit on Victoria Park in the sunshine, should any of you care to join us. Handsomes only. 7 hours ago
- RT @Selma_D: after @andytfield's show tonight, just after the applause, a boy announced quite loudly to us all "that was good but weird". n… 9 hours ago
- RT @flashboy: Ouch. Every person vox popped in @Channel4News report was actually from an ad agency where the reporter used to work: http://… 10 hours ago
- I’m glad Adam Lallana is going to Brazil because of all the England players his is undoubtedly the most enjoyable name to say. 4 days ago