I have moved house.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- You'll all be pleased to know I listened to that Taylor Swift song and it's really good. 10 hours ago
- It doesn't matter how much they flirt with the artists, they always end up marrying the bricks. 11 hours ago
- RT @jenlaw_11: What if those inflatable air guys aren't dancin what if they're writhing in pain? What if they're writhing in pain n we've j… 1 day ago
- TOP WEATHER REPORTING. RT @MugridgeMagic: @andytfield I'm in Nunhead and I've had to put quite a big cardigan on. 2 days ago
- Reassuring. RT @Duncan_Gates: @andytfield I work near Aldgate and can confirm yes it's quite cold. 2 days ago