I have moved house.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- RT @jonsnowC4: If you strangle a people, deny them supply, for years, extreme reaction is inevitable. the one begets the other. 14 hours ago
- RT @irabrand: Today @ct_bailey and I learnt the Cowboy Boogie. Choreography by @andytfield via youtube. Coming to a wet dream near you soon. 15 hours ago
- RT @ForestFringe: EXCITEMENT. Booking now available for some of the intimate, durational and unusual pieces we'll be hosting at Forest. htt… 21 hours ago
- RT @ForestFringe: Hello Team. We've just added ticket booking for @gregwohead's Hurtling and @revbillytalen's Honeybeelujah! Excitment. htt… 2 days ago
- What am I doing with my life. “@astro_reid: The southern #Aurora came out and flew with us for a bit. http://t.co/kKVrSLPZQf” 1 week ago