I have moved house.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- They rise as a single many headed monster, to snuff out the movement of so much as a single chair on the deck of their Titanic. 1 day ago
- By a coalition that extends from 'neutral' media sources and left-leaning political parties, to big business and the Establishment. 1 day ago
- We've seen again what happens to any movement for change in this country. Ignored, dismissed, ridiculed, misrepresented, and slandered. 1 day ago
- This fucking country. 1 day ago
- Ok I'm done. Come on Scotland. Be brave. Be brilliant. The polls say no but fuck the polls. You can do this. We can do this. 1 day ago