I have moved house.
My name is Andy Field. I am an artist, writer, part-time curator, sometime academic and occasional polemicist who lives in Bristol. For the last five years I've been Co-Director of Forest Fringe with Deborah Pearson. Forest Fringe is an artist-led organisation making space for risk and experimentation at the Edinburgh Festival and beyond. Forest Fringe’s innovative community-led approach to supporting and collaborating with artists has allowed it to become a home to some of the country’s most exciting and radical new performance work.
I am also an artist in my own right, creating unusual interactive projects for a range of contexts. My writing on performance has been included in numerous publications including the Guardian, This is Tomorrow, The Stage and Contemporary Theatre Review. I've recently completed a PhD exploring the relationship between contemporary performance practice and the New York avant-gardes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- I like to imagine marathan runners dressed as animals aren't doing it for charity - they just genuinely think it will give them an edge. 2 days ago
- Arsenal: the Ceefax Barcelona. #football #tedium 3 days ago
- RT @anyabike: Details of the picnic on the Circle Line next Monday that “creative” Tony Burke thinks we shouldn’t bother with now http://t.… 5 days ago
- 'The Big Society' is a phrase so meaningless it creates a hole in the middle of a sentence big enough for the entire paragraph to fall into. 5 days ago
- Cameron sounds like he's one resignation away from running naked through London slapping his dick on passing taxis. twitter.com/Independent/st… 5 days ago